Bristol Energy Login: Manage Your Account Online
The easiest and quickest way to manage your Bristol Energy account is via the online portal. In this guide, we outline the Bristol Energy login process for both domestic and business customers. We also explain what you can do via the online portal, as well as provide details about the new app.
In September 2020, Bristol Energy sold its residential customer base to Together Energy for £14 million. The new supplier will continue to use the Bristol Energy brand name and operating company.
Logging in to your Bristol Energy online account may seem pretty simple, but it is easy to run into a few difficulties. What if you forget your password? What if you can’t find the Bristol Energy login page? Fear not - Selectra is here to answer all your questions and help you log in smoothly every time.
How do I access the Bristol Energy login page?
Even though Bristol Energy is now part of Together Energy, customers can continue to use their Bristol Energy online account to manage their energy accounts online.
To access your energy account online, you'll first need to go to the Bristol Energy login page. Let's have a look at a couple of different ways you can access the Bristol Energy login page below.
- From the Bristol Energy homepage — Type 'Bristol Energy' into your search engine and click the result that reads, "Bristol Energy: Electricity and Gas for Social Good". You will now be on the Bristol Energy home page. In the top right hand corner, click the purple box that says "Login/register". You will be redirected to the Bristol Energy login page.
- Access the Bristol Energy login page directly — Type 'Bristol Energy login' into your search engine. "User Account Bristol Energy" should be the first result. Click this and you will be taken to the Bristol Energy login page.
How do I sign in to my Bristol Energy account?
It's easy to sign in to your Bristol Energy account. Just complete the following steps to log in to your account.
- Access the Bristol Energy login in page via the steps in the previous section.
- A purple box will drop down from the top of the screen.
- Where it says "Email or Account number", enter the email address associated with your account or your account number. Your email address is probably easier to remember).
- Where it reads says "Password", type in the password linked to your account.
- Click the pink "Log in" button located on the right hand side of the screen.
- If you have entered your details correctly, you will now have logged in to your Bristol Energy portal.
What if I’ve forgotten my Bristol Energy login password?
If you have forgotten your Bristol Energy login password, you can simply request a new one — no fuss! Whichever way you have chosen to log in, you just need to find the button that says "Request new password" in order to set up a new password.
The button to request a new password is located on the Bristol Energy login page. Simply access this page via the steps above and click where it says "Forgotten password" in pink letters. This button is located under where you would enter your email/account number and password.
After you have clicked this button, you will be asked to enter your email address. When you have done this, press the pink button that says "E-mail new password". Bristol Energy will then send a new password to your email address. You can log in to your Bristol Energy account using this new password.
Once you have logged in, we advise that you head to the personal details section and change your new password set by Bristol Energy to something more memorable.
How do I register for an online account?
You will not automatically have access to a Bristol Energy online account when you sign up for one of the supplier’s energy tariffs. If you would like to benefit from the online system, you need to set up an account. Luckily, this is pretty simple to do.
Like requesting a new password, you can create an account by going to the Bristol Energy login page and clicking the "Create new account" button. You will then need to provide the following details in order to set up your online Bristol Energy account.
- Your account reference number. You can find this nine-digit number in your welcome letter or on an energy bill.
- Your email address.
- A password. Your new password must have at least one capital letter and be at least eight characters long.
When you have filled in all the necessary fields, click the pink button at the bottom of the page that reads "Create new account". That’s it! You will now have your own Bristol Energy online account.
Bristol Energy business login
In August 2020, Bristol Energy's 4,000 business customer accounts were sold for £1.34m to Nottingham-based supplier Yü Energy. You will need to go to the Yü Energy website to access your online energy account.
Are you a Bristol Energy business customer? If so, you can follow the exact same processes outlined in the previous section to log in to your Bristol Energy account. However, you are not able to use your account number to log in. Where it asks you to enter your "Email address or account number", you must enter your email address in order to log in successfully.
What can you do on your Bristol Energy online account?
Bristol Energy’s online portal is a handy resource for all customers. Here you are able to perform a number of actions that make managing your energy tariff simple and easy, including:
- View past bills/statements- Say goodbye to trying to remember where you stored your energy bills. Bristol Energy lets you go completely paperless and receive all your bills digitally. All bills are then stored on your account, allowing you to easily find them and compare your spending from month to month. From here you can download and print the bills if you would also like to have hard copies.
- Monitor your energy usage - This can help you keep track of how much energy you and your family use, and therefore how much you are spending, helping you stay in control of how much you spend on your energy and preventing an unpleasant surprise when you open your bill.
- Submit meter readings - If you don’t have a smart meter, you need to manually submit your meter readings to your energy supplier. Luckily for Bristol Energy customers, this doesn’t mean you have to ring the supplier every month - you can simply log in to your account and submit them online whenever it suits you.
- Edit personal details - If you need to change any personal details, such as your name or registered email address, you can do this all online too.
- Make a payment - You have a plethora of choices when it comes to paying your Bristol Energy bill: direct debit, bank transfer, over the phone, in store, at Post office/service stations using the Paypoint or Payzone systems (for prepayment meter customers) or via your online account. The online method is both secure and easy.
If going paperless isn’t for you, Bristol Energy gives you the option to stick to the traditional method and receive your bills via post. You just need to let it know which option you prefer - paper or digital - when you sign up.
Pay with Bristol Pounds!The Bristol Pound is a local currency launched in 2012 to encourage Bristolians to shop in local, independent businesses. Bristol Pound Members can also pay their Bristol Energy bills using Bristol Pounds through their Bristol Pound Account.
Bristol Energy app
Hearing the demands of its customers, Bristol Energy has recently introduced a mobile energy app, which allows you to manage your account from your phone or tablet (yay!). Much like the online account system, just for a smaller screen, the Be Connected app allows you to keep track of your energy usage, view and edit your personal details, see your bills and statements and, all importantly, submit your meter readings.
As the Bristol Energy app is fairly new, there are not many reviews online. The reviews that are out there are fairly positive. It has a 4.6/5 rating on the App Store and 3.9/5 on Google Play (albeit these are only from 11 and 15 reviews respectively). Overall, reviewers comment that it is very useful and easy to use, but complain that it’s a bit limited.
Bristol Energy is keen to point out that this is just the first version of the app and it realises there are ways it can be improved. It’s something the supplier is developing with hopes to create better versions in the future. We are pleased Bristol Energy have created an app and, for now, it’s better than nothing.
It’s available for both Apple and Android devices and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play store. However, unfortunately it is not yet available for certain customers, including:
- Second generation smart meter customers
- Pay as you go customers
- Business customers
- Customers with more than one account
Want to read more Bristol Energy reviews? Head to our Bristol Energy reviews page to see what present and past customers think of the supplier’s customer service, pricing, billing system and more.