Ebico Login: How do I Access my Online Account?
In this complete Ebico login guide, we break down how to access and manage your online energy account. Since Ebico has closed, we also describe what steps to take to manage your account with the newly appointed energy supplier.
Ebico customers have been transferred to British Gas. Ebico was supplied by Robin Hood Energy under a ‘white-label’ agreement. In September 2020, Robin Hood sold its customer base (including Ebico customers) to British Gas.
How do I access the Ebico login page?
By accessing the Ebico login page, you'll then be able to sign in to your online account. There are a couple of different ways to access the page. We break these down below.
The Ebico Login page is still available. However, Ebico customers who have not changed suppliers will now need to manage their energy accounts via the British Gas online platform. Head to our guide to British Gas login page for more details.
- Type "Ebico login" into your search engine. The result "Login" will appear with grey text underneath that reads "Register. Want to make a payment..." Click this, and you’ll be taken directly to the Ebico login page. This is the fastest option for accessing the Ebico login page.
Ebico Login: How do I sign in to my online account?
Signing in to your Ebico account is easy. Follow the steps below to enter your account and manage your energy online.
- Access the Ebico login page by following the steps in the section above. It will say "Login to my account" at the top.
- Below where it says "Username / E-mail address", enter the username or email address that is associated with your Ebico account. The email address will be the one you provided when you initially registered for your online Ebico account.
- Below where it says "Password", type in the password for your account.
- Click the pink button that says "Login".
- If you have entered your username/email address and password correctly, you will now be logged in to your Ebico online account.
If you have entered your details incorrectly, a red box that reads "The following 1 error requires your attention: Your email address and/or password are incorrect. Please try again." will appear. In this case, try re-entering your details, paying close attention to spelling and capital letters (remember that passwords are case sensitive), and press the login button.
How to reset your Ebico password
With so many online accounts with different passwords to remember, it’s normal for a password to slip your mind. If you do forget your password, it's no cause for concern as it's easy to set a new one.
On the Ebico login page, you will see a link that reads "Forgot Your Password? Click this link and you will be taken to a new page that says "Reset your password". On this page, you are asked to enter your email address (this should be the one connected to your account). Then press the pink button that says "SEND PASSWORD RESET LINK".
Ebico will then send you an email with further instructions and a unique link. Click the link, follow the instructions and you will have a new password and access to your account in no time.
What if I’ve forgotten my username/email address?
Ebico customers who are were already registered can still recover their password. However, usernames cannot be recovered via the online login form. Contact British Gas for more information.
You can use your email address or username for the Ebico login process. If you forget your username, you can simply use your email address instead - chances are you won’t forget this! However, if you have a lot of email accounts and can’t remember which one is associated with your Ebico account, you can recover your username and email address quite easily.
To do so, head to the Ebico login page (follow the instructions explained above). Click where it says "Forgot Your Username?" in pink letters. You will be taken to a new page where you will be asked to enter the following details:
- Your energy account number (this can be found on your Ebico energy bill)
- Your postcode
- Your surname
Once you have filled in the above information, click the pink button that says "RECOVER MY USERNAME". Ebico will then send you your username/email address so you can log in to your online account.
Register for an Ebico Online Account
Ebico customers will now need to register for an online account with their new supplier. Head to our British Gas Login guide for information on how to register.
You will not automatically have an account when you sign-up for an Ebico energy tariff. You will need to register for an account yourself. It’s really easy to do and will only take you a matter of seconds to register.
Just head to the Ebico login page using the steps laid out in the first section of this article. Then, click where it says "Register" in pink letters at the bottom right side of the page. You will then be taken to the registration page.
To register for an Ebico login, you will then need to fill out all of the following details:
- Your account number — You can find this on one of your energy bills
- Your postcode — This must match the information provided when you signed up for your energy tariff
- Your surname — This also must match the information provided when you signed up for your energy tariff
- Your email address — This will be the email address you use to log in
- Your password — You will also need to confirm the password
Once you've entered the details listed above, click the pink button that says "REGISTER". Ebico will then send you an email with an activation link. Click this link to finish the registration process.
That’s it. You will now have an Ebico online account through which you can manage your energy tariff.
What can I do with an Ebico online account?
Let’s take a look at what Ebico customers can do via the online platform. Even though Ebico has closed, customers will still be able to view their information. All of the following services are also available via the online platform with the newly appointed supplier.
- Submit meter readings — Enter your meter readings so Ebico can precisely calculate your energy usage and give you an accurate bill (only applicable to non-smart meter customers).
- View bills — Rather than remembering where you put your last Ebico bill, you can just log in to your account and see it online. This service also helps you compare your bills each month to see if and when you are spending more/less on your energy.
- Make payments — You can make secure payments to Ebico through your online account. You can also edit your direct debit details.
- Update personal details — If you need to change certain personal details, you can edit them in your account rather than contacting Ebico customer service.
- Check communication — Anything Ebico has sent you about your tariff and account will be saved in your account so you can consult it at any time.
- Track your energy usage — You can keep an eye on your energy consumption by year and month. This will help you stay on top of your energy usage and spending.
The Ebico App is no longer available to download. The new provider, however, does have an app for its customers. Contact British Gas for more information. You can also visit Selectra's guide page which details different ways to contact British Gas.
In addition to the online account service, Ebico also had a mobile app. Unfortunately, this service was not available for customers on a Pay As You Go tariff.
Similar to the online account, the app allowed customers to manage their energy tariff. They could submit meter readings, view bills and track their energy usage all from their mobile phone or tablet. While customers could not make payments through the app, it did offer a couple of services that were not available on the online account. These included the following:
- The ability to request a smart meter
- Chat with Ebico customer service through the live chat
First generation smart meter (SMART1) customers could also grant permission for their energy usage data to be updated on the app every half an hour, giving them access to half-hourly energy consumption information. They could even set up an energy usage alert that notified them when they had used more than their set amount.
The Ebico App was compatible with both Apple and Android devices. There were very few reviews online, but almost all said the app was easy to use.