EDF Login: How to Easily Access Your MyAccount
Customers with an EDF Energy login can use it to manage their bill payments, submit meter readings, and a whole lot more. You can even download the EDF app. If you’re new to the EDF login process, we’re here to take you through it step by step. Read on to find out how to make the most of the EDF Energy MyAccount login online service.
EDF Energy MyAccount
The EDF MyAccount portal is the online gateway to the collection of services offered by EDF Energy to domestic and small business customers. There is a whole host of essential tools within EDF MyAccount that can help you organise your household’s energy needs.
Once set up with an EDF Energy login, domestic customers will be able to do all of the following online via the EDF MyAccount portal:
- Check your balance, bills and statements
- Check your energy usage
- Submit your meter readings - You can do this via the EDF App or by calling the correct EDF helpline (see how you can find the correct EDF helpline below).
- Change your tariff - In MyAccount, choose 'Change Tariff' from the menu and follow the instructions.
- Change your details - To change your account name or address use the LiveChat service. To change your email address, use the 'About Me' section in MyAccount.
- Set up and manage Direct Debits - You can use the Direct Debit set-up form on MyAccount or use the LiveChat service, you just need your sort code and account number.
- Arrange a smart meter installation - In MyAccount, go to the ‘Smart’ section and just choose the date and time for the installation. You can also order an EDF smart meter by calling the correct helpline (see how to find the right EDF numbers below).
How do I access the EDF login page?
To enter your EDF MyAccount portal, you'll first need to access the EDF Energy login page. We break down a couple of different ways to find the EDF login page below.
- Type ‘EDF Energy’ into your search engine. Select the option that says 'EDF Energy' — it should be the first result. This will take you to the EDF Energy homepage. Next, click on where it says 'MyAccount' in the top right corner. You will be redirected to the EDF login page.
- Type ‘EDF Energy login’ into your search engine. Click on the result that says 'Online energy account login | EDF Energy'. It should also be the first result on the page. You will then be taken directly to the EDF Energy login page.
- Finally, you can directly access the EDF login page.
How do I log in to my EDF Energy account?
Customers who already have an online EDF Energy account just need to enter their email address and click 'Next'. Click the 'Remember Me' box if you’re using your own computer or phone. That way, you'll be able to skip this part of the EDF Energy login process next time.
You'll then need to carefully enter your password and click 'Log into MyAccount'. You may be asked to enter a log-in code if you’re trying to access your EDF Energy account from a new device. EDF Energy will send a code to your email address. Leave the EDF login page open and, in a new browser tab, check your email account, including your spam or junk mail folders.
Once you have your EDF Energy login code, go back to the MyAccount page and type it in. You have to use the EDF Energy login code within 10 minutes. Otherwise, you will have to request a new one.
Can I manage EDF MyAccount from overseas?
Yes! With an EDF Energy UK login, you will be able to access your EDF MyAccount easily whilst sipping Sangría on the beaches of Spain or sampling wine from the vineyards of Bordeaux. As long as you have access to the internet you will be able to use the EDF Energy UK login just as you would back home.
How to register for an EDF login?
If you don’t have an online EDF MyAccount login, you’ll have to set one up on the EDF website. Below the 'Log in to MyAccount' where it says 'Sign up to MyAccount', click the box marked 'Sign up for home'.
You'll be asked for some information to complete the EDF login registration. First, you’ll have to enter your email address. Once you have done this, click the orange button marked 'Next'.
Now you’ll need to enter the following details:
- Your first and last name.
- Your 12-digit EDF Energy account number. This can be found in any letters or emails from EDF Energy.
- Your postcode.
- Your new password.
When you create your EDF Energy login password, EDF requires the password to have the following characters:
- Eight to 16 characters
- One upper case letter
- One lower case letter
- One number
Remember to never share your EDF MyAccount login with anybody, because they will be able to make changes to your EDF Energy account and access your billing information.
Once you’ve filled in your EDF login information click 'Next'. You’ll then be given choices of how you want EDF Energy to be able to contact you. Make your selections and click 'Next'.
Now you must activate your account to begin using it. EDF Energy will send you an email with a link to verify your email address. Click on this link within 24 hours to activate your account. If you don’t complete this step, you won’t be able to log in.
The next time you go to the EDF login page, you will be able to enter your email address and password to get instant access to all your EDF Energy account details. To speed things up a little bit, add the EDF Energy login page to the favourites in your internet browser. That way you’ll save yourself a few clicks of the mouse every time you need to see to any of your EDF Energy-related tasks.
Why can’t I log in to my EDF account?
The EDF login process is straightforward; however, that doesn't mean you'll never have problems logging in to your EDF Energy account. Below, we have a look at what to do if you've forgotten your EDF login email or password.
I've forgotten my EDF MyAccount login email
If you've forgotten the email address associated with your EDF Energy MyAccount, it's easy to retrieve it. Simply, go to the EDF login page and click where it says 'Forgotten email?' in red letters. You will then need to enter the following details:
- Your last name.
- Your 12-digit account number. It starts with '67'.
- Your postcode.
Next, click the orange button that says 'Find my email address'.
I've forgotten my EDF login password
If you’ve forgotten your EDF Energy login password, you can use a special code to sign in. Click on 'Email me a code' on the screen where you are asked to enter your password.
If you need to reset your password for any reason, you can use an EDF login code to access your account and then change the password from the 'About Me' section.
You can continue to use the login code system to access your account instead of your password, as EDF says it is a more secure system. However, unique EDF login codes only work once before they become invalid. You will need to request a new code to your email each time.
EDF Energy business login
For EDF business energy customers, you’ll want to be able to access your bills and account information online. You can register for an EDF energy business login by doing the following:
- Go to the EDF Energy business page and click on MyAccount in the top right corner.
- On the next page, click on where it says 'Don't have an online account?' on the right hand side under the heading.
- Next, click the box marked 'Register your business'.
- Enter your email address and click 'Next'.
- Now you have to create a password and click 'Next' again.
- On the next page, you'll be given choices about how EDF Energy can contact you. Once you’ve chosen your options click 'Next'.
- Click on the button to ask EDF to send you and activation email.
- Go to your email and open the last message from EDF Energy. Click the link to activate your EDF energy business login.
If you don’t click on this link within 24 hours to activate your account you won’t be able to login.
Do I need an EDF login?
Although EDF Energy customers are encouraged to set up an online EDF MyAccount login to be able to self-manage their energy bills and usage, you can still do some of those things without an EDF login.
You can also call EDF Energy’s automated phone line to submit your readings.
If you’ve just moved house and your new property is supplied by EDF Energy you can submit an opening meter reading on the phone. You’ll need your new address, fuel type (gas, electricity, or both) and the meter readings.
Customers who would simply rather speak to a real person to deal with their EDF Energy bills and other queries can certainly do so. There are numerous contact numbers depending on the topic of your query and how you pay for your energy.
With the EDF app, you can manage your EDF Energy account from your home or on the go.
The EDF app is free to download from both the App Store and the Google Play Store. Once you've gotten the app and logged in, you'll be able to do the following:
- Register for an EDF login
- View your account details
- Be reminded to submit meter readings
- Submit meter readings, or send a photo of your meter for EDF to read the meter
- View your statements
- Make payments
- Submit meter readings by photo
- Change your payment date
- Switch between your properties
- Login with fingerprint
- Easily get in touch with EDF
And if you have a pay as you go meter, you can also use the app to:
- Check your balance
- Top-up your meter
- Receive low balance alerts
- Set auto top-ups so you never run out of credit
- View the history of your top-ups
The EDF app is only available to customers with a credit meter or pay as you go meter, prepayment meters are not yet supported.