EON Login: Control Your Usage Online
Your EON login page will be different depending on whether you're a residential or business customer. If you're a homeowner with a boiler, it’ll be different compared to those with a Heat Interface Unit. Business customers will log in another away compared to corporate customers. With so many login pages, where do you start? Here we'll guide you step-by-step.
EON login for residential customers
With EON, homeowners can have their water heated either by a boiler or by a Heat Interface Unit (HIU). The latter is an example of how EON uses its energy portfolio to generate renewable energy. See the supplier’s full energy portfolio in our leading EON guide by clicking the button below:EON Guide
Customers with a boiler
Does this apply to me? If you have a boiler installed at home that heats your water, you'll be receiving separate gas and electricity supplies from EON. You can identify the name of your tariff in our EON tariffs guide.
How do I access my EON login page? There are three ways to access your online account:
1. Google it - Type "EON login" into the Google search bar. Choose the result that reads "Login - E.On". This will usually be the first result. Hit the link which will take you to the EON login page.
2. Access via EON's homepage - Google "EON" and click on the link that reads "Gas and electricity supplier | Renewable energy | E.ON". You'll be taken to the EON homepage. Click the red "Log in" button located on the top right-hand corner of the screen. This will take you to the EON login page.
3. Access the login page directly - The fastest method to get to the EON login page is by opening it directly with the click of a button, without having to type anything. Start by clicking the button below:EON Login
TOP TIP: At Se
lectra we recommend that you save this page in your favourites bar. Click the star symbol on the right of the address bar. You'll see the EON logo along with your other favourite pages, displayed in a row beneath your address bar. Click it any time you want to log in to your energy account.
4. EON smartphone app - With your smartphone, download EON's app and log into your account on-the-go. You can also use the fingerprint or facial recognition functions to log in directly. Remember that you'll first need an E.ON online account and have received your first bill. You can download the app now on Google Play or the App Store.
EON login for new customers
If you haven't registered for an account online already, now's a good time. On the login page (see image above), click on the first link that reads "Create an account".
You'll be asked to enter two details. Your account number (eight to twelve characters long) is found at the top of your bill. Then enter your postcode of the address where you receive your correspondence from EON. When you're done, hit the red "Continue" button.
If you're still confused about how to set up your account, check out this short clip:
EON login for returning customers
Now that you have your login details, you can finally get passed the EON login page to access your energy account online. We'll also discover what to do if you've forgotten either your email address, password, or both.
Enter your login details
In the first box of the login page, enter your email address or username. Then hit the "Continue" button, which will take you to a second page where you'll be asked to enter your password. Then hit the "Log in" button which will change from grey to red.
At this stage, you should be logged into your account, if not check out the following tips for more help.
Forgotten your login details?
Whether you can't remember your email address or password, EON has some simple steps to follow to sort this out.
Forgotten your email address?
- Use your account number or username instead. You'll see your account number at the top of your bill, as shown in our tariffs page (see link above). If you can no longer access your registered email address, either because it has been blocked or closed down, go to EON's reset Your ID page.
- Fill out the form, using the email address that you want to change. Then click the red "Submit" button.
Forgotten your password?
For security reasons, if you've forgotten your password, you'll have to create a new one.
- Click on the second red link below the login page that reads "Help me log in". Enter either your email address, account number or username in the first box that appears. Then hit the "Continue" button.
- On the following screen, enter your postcode and hit the red "Reset password" button. You'll receive your four-digit activation code via email or text message to your mobile phone.
Once you've received your activation code from EON, head to their password-reset page. You'll be requested to enter your ID (this can be your email address, account number or registered username), your activation code and your postcode (where your energy bills are sent). Then click on the red "Continue" button.
4. You'll be sent an activation email with a link to reset your password.
If you're still having problems getting past your EON login page, contact EON directly, and a customer agent will help you sort it out. Just remember to have your log in details to hand when you phone them.EON Contact Guide
Customers with a Heat Interface Unit (HIU)
You probably won't know what an HIU is unless you already have one. Let's go over what it is and how you'll access your EON login page as a "Heat customer".
What is EON Heat?
It's a different way of getting heating and electricity rather than using a traditional boiler. According to EON's marketing material, its Heat customers will have a Heat Interface Unit (HIU) instead of a boiler, which is about the same size.
If you're an EON Heat customer, you won't be on any of their plans listed on our EON tariffs page (link above). Your best bet is to reach out to EON directly for any login or billing issues.
EON login for Heat customers
As an EON Heat customer, head to their Heat webpage and click on the red button that reads "Login to your account". You'll be taken to the EON Heat login page. If you're a new Heat customer and haven't registered for an online account, we'll guide you on how to do that. If you're a returning customer but have forgotten your login details, we've also got you covered.
EON Heat login for new customers
- On the EON Heat Login page, click the link "Create your online account".
- Fill out the details on the form, which are your account number and postcode.
EON Heat login for returning customers
You'll be required to enter your username and password to get passed your EON login page as a Heat customer. But what would you do if you've forgotten either of the two? Follow the steps below to get past this sticking point.
Forgotten your username?
- Head to the username-reminder page and fill out the form on the screen. You need to enter your account number, postcode and email address*.
*If you no longer have access to the email address which you provided when you registered, contact the EON Heat team via their online form.
- Hit the red "Submit" button.
- Open up your email inbox and find the email from EON which contains your username.
Forgotten your password?
- Head to the password-reset page and fill out the form on-screen. You'll need your username and email address*.
*If you no longer have access to the email address which you provided when you registered, contact the EON Heat team (see link above) via their online form.
FAQ on EON login troubleshooting
If you have a question that hasn't been answered above, it most likely would have been asked by other EON customers. Below you'll find some of the frequently asked questions the supplier has received on login issues.
1. If I've got two account numbers, how do I view both of my accounts together?
After you've registered online, you can register a second account using the same login details. Here's what you do:
- From the ‘Your Account' summary page, click the link that reads ‘Change your details' and head to ‘Register an account'.
- Type in the account number of the second account and click ‘Register'.
- Go to ‘Your Account', and choose which account you want to view.
2. If I want to see my bill, but the page is blank, what do I do?
This is a very common problem if you're not using the latest version of Adobe Reader or if you've not set Adobe Reader as the default viewer for PDF files. Here's what to do to sort it out:
- Head to Adobe.com/reader and click the download/install button.
- Download any PDF file to your desktop. Hold the control key while you single-click on the pdf icon. From the menu that you've just opened, choose ‘Get Info'.
- You'll see the current default application for opening PDF's under the heading ‘Open with'.
- From the application listed, open a menu displaying additional applications and locate the most recent version of Adobe Reader.
- Hit the ‘Change All' button. By doing this, Adobe Reader will open all PDF files in the future. Click the Continue button.
- Log in again to your EON account to view your bill, which will now open in pdf format.
3. What am I to do if I've changed my email address?
You must update your new email address to your online account to ensure that EON can contact you about your bills. Follow the three simple steps below to do this:
- Log in to your account online.
- Choose the option to "update your details".
- You'll see the email address you had initially registered with. Delete that one and enter your new email address.
- Enter your password when prompted to do so on the screen.
- Click on the 'Confirm changes' button.
A message will appear on the screen confirming that the changes have been saved. From now on you'll see your new email address displayed on the 'Your Account' screen.
GOOD TO KNOW:If you want to change your email address, but your account number starts with 39, log in to your account and fill out the online form. Alternatively, you can request a callback.
4. I'm a business customer. How do I log in?
- From EON's home page, select the tab "For your business" on the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Hit the red "Login" button on the top right-hand corner.
- Choose the tab that corresponds to your business type: Business or Corporate:
- Business customers - Enter your ID (i.e. your email, account number or username) and your password. Reset your business password if you've forgotten it by clicking the red button on the right-hand side.
- Corporate customers - Enter your username and password. Reset your corporate password by clicking the red button on the right-hand side.