Selectra UK is not affiliated with this energy provider.

Fairerpower: Reviews, tariffs & login

Fairerpower's partnership with Ovo has endedFairerpower, the Cheshire East Council run energy supplier, and Fairerpower Red Rose are no longer in service. Customers will continue to receive their gas and electricity from Ovo Energy and can still make use of their Fairerpower online accounts.

Fairerpower was an energy supplier set up by Cheshire East council to supply gas and electricity to Cheshire residents and to Lancashire residents under the name Fairerpower Red Rose. The supplier worked in partnership with Ovo Energy; Fairerpower set the tariff and promotes the service, while Ovo Energy took care of supplying electricity, metering, billing and collection.


Reviews

To get an idea of the service provided by Fairerpower, we have taken a look at the energy supplier's profile on the customer review website Trustpilot, where it received a below-average Trustscore of 2.2 out of 5.

Of the small sample available on the website, the majority of customers (80%) rated the supplier 'Bad', the lowest rating on on the site. The remaining 20% were split between 'Poor' and 'Average'.

Prices appeared to be a sticking point, with many claiming that they were surprised by high prices and sudden bill increases. One reviewer noted that they would not have saved any money by switching from one of the larger energy suppliers.

As I am currently with EDF (a Big 6 company) on a 12 month fixed deal until March next year I asked for a quote based on my annual usage. [Fairerpower's] quote... was £383 per annum more than I currently pay - an increase of a massive 33%. Robert Lambert, Fairerpower customer, Trustpilot

Tariffs & Prices

Fairerpower offered fixed rate, variable and prepayment (pay as you go) tariffs exclusively to residents in the Cheshire and Lancashire area. The supplier did not currently offer gas and electricity tariffs for businesses.

These tariffs are no longer offered For up-to-date pricing information, please contact the new supplier, Ovo Energy.

  • Farierpower Fixed Tariff
  • Farierpower Variable Tariff
  • Farierpower Pay As You Go Tariff

Fairerpower Login

Despite the closure of the supplier, Fairerpower and Fairerpower Red Rose customers can still access their online accounts via the Fairerpower login portal.

Customers with Fairerpower online accounts can access the login portal by following the link below and filling in their credentials. If you have forgotten your password or username and wish to login you can reset your details by clicking on Reset my password link.

You can do the following through your online account:

  • Make a payment
  • View your billing history
  • See energy usage
  • Manage your direct debits, but not set one up
  • Send meter readings

Fairerpower login portal

Contact

Fairerpower and Fairerpower Red Rose customers should now contact Ovo Energy for any queries related to their accounts, or to submit meter readings over the phone. We have left the old Fairerpower contact information below, for reference.

Channel Contact info
By phone: 0800 408 6701 (Monday to Thursday: 8am-8pm; Friday: 8am-7pm; Saturday: 9am-2pm)
By email: hello@fairerpower.co.uk
By post: Fairerpower c/o Ovo, 1 Rivergate Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6ED

Smart meters

Smart meters were installed as standard for customers on prepayment tariffs, while Fairerpower customers on fixed and variable rate tariffs could arrange to have a smart meter installed at their request.

Fuel mix

Fairerpower worked in partnership with Ovo Energy to supply energy to households, so where its energy cames from depended on how Ovo sourced its supply. At the time of its closure, Fairerpower's electricity mix was 84.6% natural gas and 15.4% renewables.

Updated on

The services and products mentioned on this website may only represent a small selection of the options available to you. Selectra encourages you to carry out your own research and seek advice if necessary before making any decisions. We may receive commission from selected partner providers on sales of some products and/or services mentioned within this website. Our website is free to use, and the commission we receive does not affect our opinion or the information we provide.