Shell Energy Login: the How-to Guide
Shell’s online account system has features that make managing your tariff easy and stress free. Read our handy Shell Energy login guide to find out how to access this great online portal and set up an account, as well as where you can download the app version for your mobile phone.
Shell Energy login: step-by-step login guide
Customers will be pleased to hear that the Shell Energy login process is simple and straightforward, taking a matter of seconds when you know what you’re doing. Here we break down the complete process step-by-step for reference if you’re having a few problems logging in.Access the Shell Energy login page
Logically, when trying to access your Shell Energy account you need to find the login page. There are two ways to do this:
- Access the login page from Shell’s home page - type Shell Energy into your search engine and click the result that reads Shell Energy: Welcome (this should be the first result on the page). This will take you to Shell’s website. When here, you will see Login written in the top right hand corner. Click this and you will be taken to the Shell Energy login page.
- Go directly to the Shell Energy login page - type Shell Energy login into your search engine. Find the result that reads Log in to My Account - Shell Energy (again it should be the first result in the list). Click this result and you will be taken straight to the Shell Energy Login page.
Handy login tip!To save yourself time when you want to log in to your account, save the Shell Energy login page in your favourites bar. This will let you get to the login page with one simple click.Enter your email address, username or account number
Now you are on the Shell Energy login page, you need to enter your personal details in order to log in to your online account. The first step is to enter either your email address, username or account number:
- Email address - this will be the email address you provided when you signed up for a Shell Energy tariff.
- Username - when you purchased your tariff, Shell will send you your username.
- Account number - this is your unique Shell Energy account number, it will be on all your energy bills and any correspondence you have with the supplier.
You only need to provide one of these details so choose the one you find the easiest to remember.Enter your password
The last detail you need to enter in order to complete the Shell Energy login process is the password associated with your online account. Enter this in the box under the word Password.Press the Log in button
Once you have entered the required details, the final stage is to press the Log in button. If you have entered your details correctly, you will have now completed the Shell Energy login process and be logged in to your online account. Alternatively, you may also be able to press enter on your keyboard to initiate login.
High energy bills? Call Selectra — Find out if you could pay less.
Our Energy Team can sign you up to one of our partners’ tariffs fast.
It happens to the best of us - we are trying to log in to an online account and we can’t remember our password! In most cases, it’s no reason to panic as it’s easy to reset your password. This is true for your Shell Energy login password, so don’t worry if you forget it.
If you forget your password, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Shell Energy login page and click the Forgotten your Password? link.
- Enter your email address, username or account number and press the Request password button.
- Go to your email account associated with your energy tariff. Shell will send an email to this account with a link to reset your password (it can take up to 30 minutes for this to arrive).
- In the email, click the forgotten your password? link. This will take you to a new page where you can set up a new password (the link is valid for 24 hours and can only be used once).
- Go back to the Shell Energy login page and complete the login process using your new password.
How do I set up a Shell Energy online account?
Every Shell Energy customer will automatically have an online account. When you sign up for one of the supplier’s tariffs, an online account will be set up for you. You will then receive your Shell Energy login details in one of the welcome emails sent to your registered email account.
The first time you log in, you will need to use the password provided to you by Shell. This will probably be a random combination of letters and numbers and therefore pretty difficult to memorise. When you have logged in, you can change your password to something more suitable and personal. Simply head to the ‘My details’ section of your account and follow the instructions to set a new password.
Shell Energy login: What can I do on My Account?
Now you know how to complete the Shell Energy login process and access your account, let’s find out what you can actually do when you are logged in. The online account, known as My Account, is designed to make managing your Shell energy tariff simple and hassle free. Here’s a list of all the things you can do:Submit meter readings - this lets you make sure your energy bills always reflect your actual energy usage.
View your energy bills - you can view recent and past bills to compare usage and keep on top of what you are spending on your energy.
Track your energy usage - easy to read usage graphs let you see when you’re spending more or less on energy, letting you stay in control of your usage. Change personal details - you can change your contact details online, e.g your phone number or email address (however, to change your home address you will need to contact Shell Energy).
Change your bank details and payment methods - you can update your bank details if they change and also alter your direct debit payments all through your account.
Top up credit - if you have a prepayment meter, you can top up your credit from your sofa rather so you will never run out.
Ask questions - if you have questions about your account or tariff, you can chat to a Shell agent via the help centre or try your luck with the handy virtual assistant.
Not having success getting your questions answered through your online account? Find out how to contact Shell Energy to get the answers you need!Register for a smart meter - if you’re interested in having a Shell Energy smart meter installed in your household, you can book an appointment through your account.
Change your tariff - when your tariff is coming to an end or you simply fancy signing up for a different one, you can switch to a new one all on your online account.
Shell Energy login: the Shell Energy app
It’s not just your online account where you can manage your tariff and account. Thanks to the Shell Energy app, you also have access to your account on your mobile phone.
The mobile energy app has similar functionalities to the online account, letting you submit meter readings, top up credit, view monthly bills and chat to a Shell agent. Its uses are not as extensive as the online portal, but it lets you do the basics so you manage the essentials when on the go.
Shell’s app is available for both Android and Apple devices and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and App store respectively. Unfortunately, it does not have great reviews on either store, with customers complaining it is very basic with limited functionality. This is something Shell could improve on in the future as it develops newer versions.
The Shell Energy login process for the app is very easy - you just need to enter your email address (the one associated with your Shell tariff) and password.
Read reviews about the app, as well as Shell Energy in general, in our dedicated Shell Energy reviews guide. Here we take at the supplier’s customer service experience, complaints handling and ratings on online review sites.