You are here

E·ON Energy Fund - Explained

To find out more about the energy supplier E·ON click here.

The 'E·ON Energy fund' was set up to help customers in need of financial aid with their gas and electricity bills. It is currently, however, only available in England, Scotland and Wales. If you or someone that you know is struggling to pay for their energy bills and is currently in a debt issue, E·ON Energy Fund may be able to help you out.

Grants Available

There is a small variety of grants that are available through the E·ON Energy Fund. Support is available for the following:

  • Current or final energy bill arrears
  • Replacing household white goods for more energy efficient ones such as cookers, fridges, washing machines, etc.
  • Boiler replacement and repairs
  • E-learning course voucher

E-learning course voucher
If you have access to the internet, E·ON can provide you with a career developing ‘E-learning’ tool. If you would like to learn more about this, you can visit their website and online application form via the link below:
Click here


In order to quality for an E·ON Energy Fund grant, you, or your partner, needs to meet a certain criteria: One of the following needs to be relevant to your situation:

  • In receipt of pension credit
  • In receipt of means-tested council tax reduction
  • In receipt of Child Tax Credits with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less
  • In receipt of Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • In receipt of Working Tax Credits with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less
  • In receipt of Income Support or Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • In receipt of Universal credit; however, are not working or self employed
  • A total household income of £16,190 or less
  • Are seriously ill or have a terminal illness. This needs to be verified by a letter from your doctor or medical practitioner

Note that...
If you are eligible for the ECO Scheme, you will not receive help via the trust for boiler replacement or repair. As such, you should check your eligibility before submitting your application.
About the ECO scheme

How to apply

To apply for a grant, or a further assistance payment (FAP) as it is known, you have to contact E·ON directly online or by telephone. This should be done by the account holder; however, in some circumstances, given a valid reason, someone may be able to carry out the application on your behalf. You can use the contact information listed below:

Apply online

Telephone number: 03303 80 10 90


For more information about the E·ON Energy Fund you can visit their website via the link below:

Visit their website