LV Car Insurance: Login, Numbers & Reviews
Want to know all about LV car insurance options? As a trusted brand in the market, LV Insurance offers an extensive range of car insurance products. We’ll bring you everything you need to know about account login, contact number, reviews, how to get a quote and LV car insurance cancellation policy.
So, put yourself on cruise control and relax. You have everything you need to know on this page.
LV car insurance
LV car insurance offers a range of policy options and extra benefits you might like. As you will read later on, the LV car insurance website is very easy to navigate and you’ll be able to tailor a policy to suit your needs in a matter of minutes.
LV car insurance policies
There are three main LV car insurance policies to choose from:
- Third party only - This is the minimum level of cover that you are required to hold legally. It will cover you if you damage or injure another person or their property while driving. However, it will not pay out any bills for you or your vehicle.
- Third party, fire and theft - This will provide exactly the same level of cover as third party only, with a little bit extra. It will also pay out damages to your car in the event of a fire or theft (or attempted theft).
- Comprehensive - This includes all the protection as the above policy but provides much more cover. As the name suggests, it is comprehensive in what it covers. This policy gives complete peace of mind because it protects you and your car if you cause an accident.
In addition, a comprehensive policy will cover you for personal injury, damage to windscreens, personal belongings in the car if it’s damaged or stolen, and if you put the wrong fuel in the tank.
You can also get tailored benefits for the following options:
- Multi-car insurance.
- Electric cars.
- Classic cars.
Let’s look at these in a little more detail. Then we’ll take a look at some optional extras you can add on to your policy.
This is designed to save you money by insuring multiple cars and drivers on one policy. Here are some of the key features to be aware of:
- Each policy can have up to 6 cars and 12 drivers.
- You don’t have to add all the cars at the same time, so you can add any later if you need to.
- You can choose the cover level and any optional extras you want to be included for each individual car.
- All cars must be registered at the same address.
Electric car insurance
Along with all the benefits of regular car insurance, electric car insurance will provide specific cover for you and your electric car. Here are some of the critical protection areas:
- If you run out of charge in the UK you will be assisted to the nearest charge point. Furthermore, this won’t impact your no claim discount and you won’t have to pay any excess.
- In the event of accidental damage, fire or theft, the following items will also be covered: charging cables, wall boxes, the battery and adaptors.
Classic car insurance
Not all providers offer classic car insurance as an option. Fortunately, LV car insurance does though and the best thing about it is you agree the value upfront. That way, if you’re car is written off you know what you will receive.
Classic car insurance often states market value and this could be a lot less. Always make sure you are happy with the agreed value on a policy before purchasing one. In the end though, even if you can't find a policy that pays out an amount you would be happy with, something is still better than nothing.
Classic cars deserve that little bit of extra attention. That’s why we’ve written this fabulous classic car insurance guide full of hints, tips and all the information you need to protect your toy.
LV’s van insurance is essentially the same as its car insurance. This means that if you’re a tradesperson, your tools will not be covered in the event of a fire, theft or accident. Also, if you choose ‘replacement hire car’ you would not get a van but rather a small hatchback or car up to 2.0 litres.
Let’s take a look at some optional extras you may want to add:
- Motor legal expenses - For £25.99 a year, this will cover you against legal costs if you are involved in an accident and are taken to court or need to take another party to court. You can also use this cover to recover uninsured losses such as loss of earnings, hire car costs and personal injury compensation.
- Guaranteed car hire - From £19.90 a year, you will get a hire car if your car has been stolen or written off, or it is in a recommended garage being repaired.
- Increased personal accident limit - If you have comprehensive car cover you will have a £10,000 limit for you, your spouse or named driver if any of you suffer a serious injury in your car. For £19.90 a year, you can increase this limit to £100,000.
- Breakdown cover - You can add this cover from £26.00 a car per year. There are five different levels to choose from and you will have access to over 3,000 breakdown professionals in the UK. You can also include European breakdown cover as an option.
- Protected no claim discount - If you earn four or more years’ worth of no claim discount, you can add this option to protect it for the remainder of your LV policy.
LV car insurance quote
It’s so easy to get a car insurance quote with LV. The quickest way is to do it online. Customers also say this is a very straight-forward process and that the LV site is very appealing (see our review section below).
If you choose to perform a quote online, you can launch this from any page on the LV car insurance site.
You also have the choice of phoning LV and speaking to an agent. If you have any outstanding questions, then this is your best option.
LV car insurance renewal
Usually, prices go up at renewal so it’s always a good idea to shop around. Sometimes premiums can be up to double the price. With LV, you can choose not to automatically renew and get a new quote through the site. Either way, do your research and if you find a better price you can always phone the team at LV and ask if they can match it or reduce your renewal quote.
If you do want to renew your policy, you can easily do so online. You will need to enter your policy number, renewal date and confirm that you have checked your renewal documents. If you need to make any changes to your policy, you will need to call LV (see our helpful LV contacts page for useful phone numbers).
You will receive your invitation to renew your policy three weeks before your renewal date. For the cancellation policy surrounding renewals, see our cancellation section below.
LV car insurance login
You will automatically receive an online LV car insurance login when you purchase your LV car insurance. This area of the site will allow you to view and download your policy documents. You simply need to identify yourself with your email address and password.
At this stage, there are no other features. However, LV is currently working on delivering new functionality via your login page.
LV car insurance cancellation policy
Here is everything you need to know about the LV car insurance cancellation policy.
Within 14 days of receiving your documents
You have 14 days to check that you’re comfortable with the insurance policy you bought. If you do choose to cancel within this timeframe you will need to let LV know. You will be charged a cancellation fee of £40 for the admin process but will receive a refund on any money you have paid for cover you haven’t yet used. If you cancel before the policy start date then a charge won’t be made.
After 14 days of receiving your documents
If you choose to cancel your policy after the initial 14 days, you can still do so. As long as you haven’t made a claim, LV will refund any money you’ve paid minus the cover you have used and a cancellation fee of £40. If your payment method is by instalments you need to pay the balance of the annual premium first.
Cancellation at renewal
You will receive a renewal letter three weeks before your renewal date. If you have chosen the continuous payment option your policy will automatically renew, unless you contact LV. If you haven’t chosen the continuous payment option you will need to contact LV if you wish to renew your policy.
If you cancel your renewal policy before your renewal date, you will receive a full refund on what you have paid. If you cancel after this date you will be charged a cancellation fee.
LV car insurance number
There are multiple LV car insurance numbers available, depending on your query. You might like to call LV about the following topics:
- Getting a quote.
- Enquiring about your car insurance policy.
- Cancelling your car insurance policy.
- Renewing your car insurance policy.
- Making a claim.
- Following up on the status of a claim.
Head to our complete LV contacts page for LV car insurance numbers and other methods of contacting LV.
LV car insurance reviews
There are many LV car insurance reviews online. This is good because the more reviews there are to compare, the better the representation of customers and issues. Here is a summary of LV car insurance reviews.
On Review Centre, there are over 600 customer reviews and LV car insurance receives an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Let’s start with the positives! The car breakdown service is considered to be swift and efficient. Also, the price when taking out an initial policy is seen as being good value. The website gets many positive comments, mainly because it is very straightforward and user-friendly. The chatline service is a plus because it is really useful to ask quick questions and get near-instant responses.
Customers did experience some bumps in the road though. Some customers have encountered issues when claiming. There are reports that agents prefer to handle everything over the phone and it can be difficult getting things in writing.
On the same topic, it has been put forward that claims consultants don’t always look at all the evidence sent in by customers. One person even said that they rang up to see if they should bother claiming for a lost key. They didn’t make the claim in the end but it was still recorded as a claim.
On Revoo, LV Insurance as a company receives excellent reviews. Remember, the company sells other insurance products and not just car insurance. Of the more than 6,000 customers who left a review, 99% would buy again from LV and 91% said that enquiries were handled effectively. These are excellent figures and it seems customers are happy with the service they receive.
However, most of the reviews on this site appear to have been left straight after purchasing the policy so are more relevant to the buying process. There are several reviews about the later stages of the process though.
Some customers commenting on this site mentioned that their renewal price was competitive (although others have stated theirs wasn’t). It always pays to check your renewal documents carefully as the price offered will be dependent on your circumstances and driving history etc.
Other customers stated that they had a no-fault incident and LV dealt with it quickly and effectively. Again, customers love the LV Insurance website and how easy it is to navigate. There was also positive feedback around the confirmation email (after purchasing a policy) and that the policy documents are clear.
That brings us to the end of the LV car insurance guide. Did you find what you were looking for? We think you should always feel comfortable with the insurer you choose. If LV wasn’t for you this time round then why not check out our other car insurance provider guides?
Data and information correct as of January 2020.
All material on this page and the selectra.co.uk website is for information purposes only and does not constitute any form of financial advice. Selectra.co.uk is not responsible for any consequences that might arise from your use of the information provided.
Other providers are available and the best deal for you will depend on your individual circumstances. Please do your own research and seek professional advice if necessary (moneyadviceservice.org.uk offers free, independent advice on all financial issues).