Tesco Mobile Login: How To Access Your Account
It’s pretty useful to be able to manage your mobile phone account from anywhere. If you’re a Tesco Mobile customer and you’re scratching your head asking yourself “how can I access my account?” Or if you want to know what you can do once you login, then stick with us as we guide you through the Tesco login process and the benefits of your Tesco Mobile account.
My Account: how can I log into Tesco Mobile?
If you’re a Tesco mobile customer wanting to access your account, the good news is that it can be done easily so long as you choose the right log in portal or app for the type of contract or SIM you have with Tesco Mobile. Let’s take a look at the different ways in which you can log in to your account.
Via your web browser
When you reach the Tesco Mobile page on a web browser you’ll see five different sign in options, each option will correspond to a type of Tesco Mobile customer:
- Pay monthly customers- click the login button under this title to log in. Next, enter your username and password and click the box that says ‘I am not a robot’. Once you’ve done that press the login button on the bottom right-hand side of your screen.
- NO-contract SIM users - click the login button under this title and then enter your mobile number.
- Pay As You Go customers- click the login button under this title and then enter your Tesco Mobile phone number.
Via the Tesco Mobile App
Tesco customers are able to access their accounts from one of two handy apps, both of which can be found on Google Play or the App Store. Where other mobile networks like O2, Sky mobile and EE tend to have a single app for all their customers, Tesco has two dedicated apps for different types of customers. The first app is for Pay As You Go customers and the second is for Pay Monthly customers, so make sure you download the right one.
Logging into the app is much like logging into the web browser. For more details on the Tesco Mobile App, take a look at our detailed Tesco Mobile app article.
Why should I have a Tesco Mobile account?
We’ve discussed how you can log in to your Tesco Mobile account online and what you can achieve once you’ve done so, but if you’re asking yourself what's the upside of logging in to your account in the first place, here are some of the many pros:
- Potential Savings - the main plus side of accessing your account is that monitoring your mobile phone usage could save you precious pounds on your monthly bill or prepaid top up amount.
- Set parental controls- the internet holds a wealth of information and can be used in many positive ways to connect with people. It goes without saying, however, that there are many things we want to protect our children from when they’re online. Thankfully you can actually set parental controls once you are logged into your account.
- Upgrade to the latest model - stay up to date with the latest technology and check if you’re eligible to upgrade. With Tesco Mobile Anytime Upgrade Flex allowing for early upgrades, you may be eligible for a new handset sooner than you think!
Here at Selectra we always recommend obtaining access to your online account regardless of which provider you’re with as it empowers you to take control of all aspects of your phone usage.
- What can you do once you’ve logged in to Tesco Mobile online?
- Check your usage and balance
- View previous bills
- Buy bundles
- Top up (pay as you go customers only)
- See a range of different top up options (pay as you go customers only).
- Set parental controls
- Update your contact details
- Make payments
- Upgrade your mobile device
- Use Clubcard Partner vouchers
- Use Tesco’s store locator and coverage checker
- Find out useful information in Tesco’s FAQ’s
Experiencing issues logging in?
If you’re having trouble signing into your account, here are some of the things that may have gone wrong in the process and the steps you’ll need to take once you've identified the problem.
You forgot your username
If you don’t know your username click on the text that says ‘Forgotten your username? Click here’ below the boxes where you enter your username and password. From there you’ll need to enter your mobile number, postcode and date of birth and click on the square next to the words ‘I am not a robot’.
You forgot your password
If you’ve forgotten your password you’ll need to be sent a new one. In order to get a new password, all you have to do is click on the text that says ‘Forgotten your password? Click here’ below the boxes where you enter your username and password. From there you’ll need to enter your username and click on the square next to the words ‘I am not a robot’.
You entered the wrong mobile number
If you were required to enter your mobile number to access your contract free SIM or Pay As You Go account and your login was not successful, you have probably entered the wrong mobile number. If you can’t recall your mobile number or you don’t have it documented anywhere you can always try calling your home phone or a friend’s mobile phone from your mobile in order to capture the correct number.
Registering for a Tesco Mobile account
If you have tried a username and password and they are not working, it’s most probable that you have not registered for an account yet.
When you enter a pay monthly contract with Tesco you’ll receive a login PIN via email. If you started your contract a long time ago and don’t know your pin code - try searching for it in your emails.
If you’re a Pay As You Go customer, you won’t need a PIN, you’ll just need to enter your mobile number instead.