What Is NOW TV Boost?
If you’re wondering “what is a NOW TV Boost?” you’ve come to the right place. In this NOW TV Boost guide we will answer that question and everything else you need to know about the NOW TV Boost. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is the NOW TV Boost?
NOW TV which is owned by Sky allows you to watch live and on-demand content. Whilst you can get away with the standard NOW TV Package, NOW TV Boost is a service that allows you to enjoy your NOW TV subscription with enhanced picture and sound quality, it also removes advertisements and gives you some extra streaming allowance for an additional cost on your subscription.
Does NOW TV Boost Remove Advertisements? Yes and no, whilst NOW TV Boost will remove any ads before and during on-demand streaming such as shows, movies, and sport, it will not remove any ads that are shown during live programming.
What Do I Need for a NOW TV Boost Subscription?
Due to the advantages that NOW TV Boost provides, there are a few basic requirements to ensure that NOW TV Boost will work with your equipment. Make sure that you have the following before you purchase NOW TV Boost and if you’re unsure if your setup is compatible, give the NOW TV Boost free trial a go to find out for sure.
- HD TV
- 12 Mbps minimum internet speed
- Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound speakers (if you want to enjoy the enhanced audio quality)
You will also need a compatible device to stream NOW TV, this can be any of the following:
- NOW Smart Stick
- Any NOW Box
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K & 4K Max, Lite & Basic Edition)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen (2019)
- Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen (2015) & 3rd Gen (2017)
- Amazon Fire TV Edition – JVC 4K (2019), HD/FHD (2020), 2K (2021) & UHD (2021); Technika/Bush 4K (2020)
- Nebula Soundbar (2019)
- Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
- A supported Samsung TV
- Sony TV (most models from 2016)
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X & S
- Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound not supported on Apple TV)
- YouView (including TalkTalk & BT boxes)
- LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available)
- JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV
- Chromecast Ultra or 3rd generation
What Are the Benefits of the NOW TV Boost?
There are several benefits of the NOW TV Boost, such as:
- Ad-free streaming: NOW TV customers with streaming subscriptions can watch on-demand movies, TV shows and sport without the advertisements
- Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, as well as selected TV shows and movies, in 1080p quality instead of the standard 720p
- Awesome audio: Enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1. - however, you will need a compatible soundbar or surround sound system
- Smoother sport: All Sky Sports channels stream at 50 frames per second - except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV
- Extra streaming allowance: Stream on three devices at the same time - customers without NOW TV Boost can only watch on one device at a time
Does NOW TV Boost Make a Difference?
There is no one answer to this question. Everyone's needs are different, and what may be the perfect solution for one person may not be the best solution for another. That being said, many people believe that the NOW TV Boost makes a significant difference. This is because the NOW TV Boost allows you to watch live television without having to suffer through annoying advertisements.
Other customers who have a large family, or Students at University sharing a house, think the NOW TV Boost is perfect for them as it allows multi-device streaming under a single subscription.
Should I Buy the NOW TV Boost?
That is a question that you will need to answer for yourself. The NOW TV Boost is a service that allows you to watch live television and Streaming in a higher quality and without ads. However, you will need to consider whether or not the NOW TV Boost is worth the price. The value of the NOW TV Boost will vary depending on your individual needs and preferences.
How Much Does the NOW TV Boost Cost?
A NOW TV Boost subscription costs £5 per month at the time of writing, and there are now fixed contracts, this means you can stop and start the NOW TV Boost on a monthly basis as and when you need it.
You can also take advantage of a NOW TV Boost free trial which lasts for seven-days to give you a chance to find out if it’s worth paying for.
Alternatively, you might want to consider Netgem TV which costs just £10 and offers all these fantastic features:
- 210+ live channels including Freeview!
- 35+ apps
- Premier Sports included (worth £12.99/month)
- 40,000 hours of on-demand content
- Choice of add-ons (BT Sport, Rakuten TV, BritBox, hayu, etc)
- Unlimited Mobile TV
- 4K TV box included (worth £149)
Is the NOW TV Boost Worth It?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the value of the NOW TV Boost will vary depending on your individual needs and preferences. However, in general, we think that the NOW TV Boost is a great value for those who already enjoy NOW TV and want to enjoy their favourite shows in full HD and without the constant adverts. However, you will need to consider whether or not the NOW TV Boost is worth the price.
How to Get the NOW TV Boost?
If you’ve decided that the NOW TV Boost is right for you, and you want to subscribe to it, you should follow these simple steps to get started.
- Go to the NOW TV website
- Sign in to your NOW TV account
- Go to the NOW Membership section of My Account
- Select Add Boost - if its your first time, you might see Start Free Trial
Once you’ve subscribed to NOW TV Boost, it can take up to four hours for it to become active on your account. If you still don’t have access to it after four hours, contact NOW TV to find out what’s going on.
NOW TV Boost is not available for customers who only have a NOW TV Sports Mobile subscription.
How Do I Cancel NOW TV Boost?
If you decide that the NOW TV Boost is not for you, Cancelling a NOW TV Subscription is simple. You will need to follow these simple steps to cancel your NOW TV Boost subscription:
- Go to the NOW TV website
- Click on “My Account” in the top left of the screen
- Once you’re logged in, you will see the “My Account” page
- From here, look for the “Subscriptions” tab
- On this page, you will see all of your currently active NOW TV subscriptions
- Look for your NOW TV Boost subscription and click on it
- Click on the “Cancel Subscription” button
- You might be asked to give a reason for your cancellation, don’t worry as this is just for NOW TV to know how to improve its service
- Now click “I Still Want to Cancel” and you’re done
If you’re paying for your NOW TV Boost subscription through BT, you should also contact BT to make sure it’s cancelled there as well, just to be sure you’re not paying for something you don’t use.