Telford Water: Contact, Prices, Water Hardness Info - Selectra
If you just moved and have some Telford water questions, you will be able to find who handles the Telford water supply as well as wastewater services in the water information below. Additionally, we have tips on how to deal with Telford water hardness so that you can enjoy quality tap water in your home.
Telford Water Supplier
Telford Water is supplied by one water company, Severn Trent Water. Here are the contact details for your Telford water supplier:
|Severn Trent Water Team||Phone Number||Opening Times|
|Severn Trent Water Bill Queries||03457 500 500||Mond to Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm|
|Water Supply and Sewerage Emergencies||0800 783 4444||24/7|
Telford sewerage and wastewater is handled by the same company. Here are Telford sewerage and wastewater contact details:
|Water Company||Phone Number||Opening Times|
|Severn Trent Water||0345 124 2424||24/7/365|
Be aware that calls to numbers starting with 03 may be charged at local rates by your phone company.
Moving to Telford? Call Selectra — Set up your Bills.
Speak with the Selectra Team for free. Sort out all your bills in one call today.
Water Rates Telford
Water rates in Telford be conditional on whether your home has a water meter or not. You can find out if your water rates are metered or not by looking at your water bill. Homes with a metered water rate will have a water meter number, you should be able to find this on your water bills.
If you've just moved in and can't find a bill, you can simply look outside your house or in the garden for a water meter. Sometimes the meter may be found inside your home near the stop tap.
Homes that do not have a water meter will have something called rateable value of the home instead. The rateable value part of your water rates will have been determined by Telford council in the 1990s and have probably stayed the same since.
If you want to read more about water meters? check out Selectra's essential guide to water meters.
The average water rates Telford residents are being charged result in an average water bill of around £369 a year. This amount combines both water supply and sewerage costs, and is lower than the UK average if £408.
If you want to save money on your water bill then our handy guide to water rates in the UK will give you some great tips & tricks to lower your water bill.
Expensive Telford Water bills? Call Selectra to Save.
Speak with the Selectra team to save on other home bills. Don't let water ruin your budget.
Telford Water Hardness
Telford water's medium rating means that the hard water in your home contains fewer than 200ppm of hard water minerals like calcium and magnesium which contribute to hard water. These minerals will also affect the taste of your water and lead to some limescale build-up.
- Baths, sinks and toilets - Use an acidic sanitiser regularly (available in local shops) to clean susceptible surfaces in order to clear limescale deposits.
- Washing - from laundry to dishes and even yourself, moderately hard water is less effective at cleaning and reacts differently to softened water. It may even cause dry or irritated skin and lead to damaged hair.
- Dishwashers - Take advantage of the built-in water softener. Make sure you regularly top off it off with dishwasher salt in the appropriate compartment.
Can you drink the water in Telford?
Yes! you can drink the water in Telford. Telford water meets the highest standards to make the water safe to drink. The UK Drinking Water Inspectorate has scored Telford water quality a 99.96% in overall mean zonal compliance, meaning that your water is safe to drink. It is not necessary to boil or filter Telford water to make it potable.
If you notice a change in taste or smell of Telford water this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Chlorination which is a safe way to ensure hygiene throughout the pipe network.
- Seasonal changes can infuse Telford water with an earthy smell or taste.
- Plumbing can also contribute to the taste of your household water, adding metallic, salty or rubbery hints.
If you have questions about your water's taste, smell or appearance, you should not hesitate to contact Severn Trent Water.
Telford Water Problems
Telford water problems can include anything from flooding in your area, no water in your property or even a burst water pipe. This is why you should make sure you know what to do and who to contact regarding water emergencies.
If you notice a water leak or flooding outside your Telford property, you need to do one of the following:
- If you are out and about, call or tweet Severn Trent Water
- If you are near a computer, go to the "report a leak" section of Severn Trent Water and fill out the online form.
Telford No Water
If you have no water in your home, you need to find out if the issue is to do with your home plumbing or a Severn Trent Water outage impacting Telford.
- Check the "In Your Area" sections of the Severn Trent Water website for any information explaining why you have no water.
- Ask your neighbours whether they have the same problem as you do.
- Check that your stop tap is not closed
If you have no water is it only no cold water or no hot water. If you have cold water but no hot water, the issue will be with your home plumbing or heating, not the water company
If there is no cold water, not even a drop, contact Severn Trent Water for further assistance.
Telford Water Discolouration
If the water in your home is discoloured, the issue might be a Severn Trent Water issue impacting Telford.
- Changes to the colour of the water in Telford may happen after a burst pipe has been repaired
- Or, Severn Trent Water could have been carrying out upgrade work on the pipes in Telford
- Water Discolouration is not harmful and can often be cleared by running the cold water tap until it becomes clear
If there is no improvement after trying this, you can contact Severn Trent Water for assistance.