Covea Car Insurance: Policies, Contacts & Reviews
Protecting your car is a big deal and we understand it can be daunting fighting your way through all the information and misinformation about car insurance. That’s why we have created this all-in-one guide on Covea car insurance, including policies, contact numbers and reviews. So keep reading to find out whether Covea Insurance will be your coveted provider or not.
Covea car insurance
Covea car insurance is provided by Covea Insurance and Provident Insurance, which is merely a different trading name used for some of the products. In this guide, we will focus on the personal line products, which you can read all about in our next section. Covea Insurance also deals with the following areas: commercial lines, high net worth, life and protection products, and other services.
Did you know that Covea Insurance also offers home insurance policies? Read all about them in our dedicated Covea home insurance guide.
Covea car insurance policies
Covea Insurance offers four types of car insurance policies under personal lines:
- Private car.
- Commercial vehicle.
- Motor breakdown.
- Provident Insurance products.
The first three listed come under the name of Covea Insurance, whereas Provident Insurance products are under a separate arm of Covea Insurance. Only Provident Insurance policies are sold directly to the public. Private car, commercial vehicle and motor breakdown policies under Covea Insurance are sold via brokers.
This will protect your car against loss, damage and legal liability. Remember, you would need to purchase a private car policy through a broker. You can always look through the policy details online first to see if it’s right for you.
The policy wording document is very user-friendly and written in simple, non-jargon English. This is attested by its Crystal Mark seal of approval (certified by the Plain English Campaign). This certification is to verify that companies have their customers’ best interests at heart when creating documents by providing the clearest possible information.
Here are some of the benefits you could receive with this insurance:
- Cover for replacement locks, up to £1,000.
- Windscreen replacement and repair.
- Personal accident cover up to the value of £5,000.
- Unlimited satellite navigation and audio cover if fitted by the manufacturer.
- Up to nine years’ no claims discount.
- If you have an accident and use an approved repairer, you will receive a guaranteed courtesy car to keep you moving.
- Repairs made by an approved repairer are guaranteed for as long as you own the car.
- A new car replacement for cars up to one year old.
The commercial vehicle product is designed for light commercial vehicles weighing up to 3.5 tonnes. This product needs to be bought through a broker, should you wish to purchase it.
Some of the benefits you can receive include:
- Satellite navigation and audio cover if fitted by the manufacturer up to £1,000.
- Cover while driving in the EU for up to 35 days.
- Windscreen replacement and repair.
- Up to nine years’ no claims discount.
- Approved repairer service includes a guarantee of three years for repairs made.
- Onward travel/overnight expenses covers up to £250 per claim.
This is a vehicle breakdown service provided for cars and small vans which are less than 3.5 tonnes in weight and 5.5 metres in length. The breakdown service is run by the RAC. Please contact a broker if you wish to buy this product.
The following information is pertinent to motor breakdown cover:
- You can choose from three different levels of cover: 1) roadside and recovery, 2) roadside, recovery and at home, 3) roadside, recovery, at home and European.
- The same rate applies to all vehicles, regardless of the age of the vehicle.
- You will have access to a patrol force of more than 2,000 agents across the UK to help in times of need.
Provident Insurance products
Provident Insurance is a part of Covea Insurance. You can get a quote for car insurance and buy a policy directly from the website, unlike Covea Insurance’s other motor products. You will also be able to access your account information from the Provident Insurance website.
Provident Insurance offers a comprehensive car insurance policy to people between the ages of 17 and 85. You can also choose from three add-ons: breakdown cover, replacement car, and motor legal protection. We will look first at the prime offering of comprehensive car insurance.
Provident Insurance comprehensive car insurance
This comprehensive car insurance policy includes cover for:
- Loss or damage to your vehicle in the event of a fire, accidental or malicious damage, theft or attempted theft.
- Windscreen or windows repair or replacement.
- Uninsured driver protection, including no loss to your no claims bonus and no excess to pay.
- Lost or stolen keys so you can get replacement locks with a value of up to £1,000.
- Driving in the EU for up to 90 days.
- Travel or hotel costs up to £500 to finish your journey if your car isn’t roadworthy following an accident.
- Repair or replacement of satellite navigation and audio equipment that is factory fitted.
- Personal belongings up to the value of £250.
- New car replacement if your car is under one year old and is written off or lost and not recovered.
- Personal accident if you or your spouse are seriously injured in an accident, you could receive £5,000.
- If you have a child car seat fitted in your car and your car is in an accident you will receive the cost of replacing the child car seat.
Other benefits you can receive include:
- Guaranteed repairs for the remaining time that you own your car if you use an approved repairer for works.
- Using a courtesy car if your car is in for repairs at an approved repairer.
- If your car can’t be driven due to damage, the company will pay for it to be moved to the nearest approved repairer or somewhere it can be stored safely. In this situation, you and your passengers would also be taken to a safe place.
Provident Insurance breakdown cover
The breakdown cover option is run by the RAC and there are four cover levels to choose from:
- Roadside and recovery.
- Roadside, recovery and at home.
- Roadside, recovery, at home and European motoring assistance.
Provident Insurance replacement car cover
If your car is written off or stolen and not recovered you will receive a courtesy car through Enterprise Rent-A-Car for up to 21 days. This cover is available to add to your policy for £21 per year (price correct as of January 2020).
Provident Insurance motor legal protection
Another optional extra you can take out with Provident Insurance is motor legal protection cover. This is also underwritten by Covea Insurance, like its car insurance policies. You can add this cover to your policy for £14.99 per year (price correct as of January 2020).
This cover will protect you if you are in an accident that wasn’t your fault and you need to pay for legal expenses and other costs. Going to court is never a cheap affair and you will feel doubly hard done by if you have to defend yourself for an accident you didn’t cause and pay for the honour.
Here are some of the benefits you will receive with this extra cover:
- Up to £100,000 to cover legal costs and expenses to help you recover uninsured losses such as compensation for personal injury, recovery of policy excess and car hire costs.
- Up to £25,000 if you need to defend a motoring prosecution against you that arose while you were driving your car.
Can I cancel my car insurance policy?
If you booked a policy through Covea Insurance you will need to contact either the broker, intermediary or company that you bought the insurance from.
If you booked a policy through Provident Insurance you can cancel anytime but there may be charges. If you paid in full you will receive a refund for the number of days left on your policy minus an admin fee. If you have been paying monthly then you will receive any overpayment on your policy minus the admin fee.
In order to cancel your policy, contact Provident Insurance directly by:
- Calling on 03300 240 123.
- Emailing email@example.com.
- Writing to Provident Insurance at PO Box 847, Dean Clough, Halifax, HX1 9RE.
Covea car insurance contact number
If you need to get in touch with Covea car insurance for any other purpose, check out our handy Covea contact page. You will find the contact details for the following areas:
- General enquiries.
- Provident Insurance details.
Covea car insurance reviews
Covea car insurance reviews are surprisingly positive compared to other providers. If you have ever taken the time to read car insurance reviews the majority are scathing, angry and disheartening if you are about to purchase car insurance.
The reviews about Covea car insurance are refreshingly positive, even down to the claims handling process, which is notoriously frustrating for customers. Let’s take a look at just what previous and current customers are saying about Covea car insurance and their experiences.
On Trustpilot, Covea Insurance has over 400 reviews, most relating to its car insurance policies. We’ll start with comments around the claims process because this is where it counts the most. After all, the whole point of insurance is so you can make a claim in the event you have an accident or your car breaks down or is stolen.
Many reviews around claims state that the process was straight-forward and fast. Customers weren’t passed around to different teams and left for weeks wondering what was happening with their claim. Furthermore, there was clear communication from the start with agents telling customers what would happen and giving timelines and next steps. The follow-up process was also praised so there was never any doubt about a customer’s case.
This is not to say there are no negative reviews around the claims handling process. On the other end of the spectrum, there are some truly disgruntled customers who say their claims process was dismal. Some report lack of communication and others cite that Covea did not pay out when customers felt their claim was fair and they were owed.
Other comments centre around customer service and the agents themselves. These are mostly positive and reviewers like the professionalism they have been treated with as well as the responsive action taken.
On the Provident Insurance website, it lists some statistics based on a customer survey from 2017. Based on the results, it states that:
- 93% of customers are satisfied with their overall experience.
- 92% of customers felt they had been fairly treated with their claim.
These are impressive figures and indicate that the majority of customers have a good experience with the company. However, insurance is a very personal affair and before you take out any policy, make sure it ticks all your boxes. What may be right for one person doesn’t mean it’s right for you. The best way to ensure there are no bumps in the road is to pick up the phone if you have any questions before buying a policy.
Data and information correct as of January 2020.
All material on this page and the selectra.co.uk website is for information purposes only and does not constitute any form of financial advice. Selectra.co.uk is not responsible for any consequences that might arise from your use of the information provided.
Other providers are available and the best deal for you will depend on your individual circumstances. Please do your own research and seek professional advice if necessary (moneyadviceservice.org.uk offers free, independent advice on all financial issues).