EE mobile top up: handy pay as you go guide.
Want to know how to top up your EE mobile or EE sim? Or are you interested in an EE pay as you go SIM and you want to know more about how it’s done? From top up numbers to My EE - look no further than our handy EE top up guide for all you need to know.
EE pay as you go: how does it work?
You’ll only need to top up your phone with EE if you have opted for a pay as you go SIM (also referred to as a prepaid SIM). When deciding how much to top up you have three options to choose from, everything packs, talk and text packs or data packs. It’s worth thinking about how much you call, text or use the internet as you could save money by choosing the right pack for your needs.
To learn more about what EE has to offer as a mobile network, including pay monthly plans, check out our dedicated EE mobile article.
Struggling to navigate through all of the options to find the best one for you? Answering this question may help. What do you mostly use your phone for?
- Making calls and sending texts. I don’t really use mobile internet much. - We suggest a talk and text pack.
- I use the internet for things like social media, whatsapp, spotify or youtube on my mobile, but I never really call or text anyone in the traditional sense. - We suggest a data pack.
- I use the internet but I also make phone calls and send text messages. - We suggest an everything pack.
EE pay as you go plans now include a data rollover feature. How does this work? Well, if you don’t use all of your data on any 30 day pay as you go pack it will be added to the next pack you purchase. Nothing goes to waste! It’s important to note that you’ll only be eligible for data rollover with EE if you make your next top up with within seven days of your last 30 day pack though so don’t forget to top up quickly if you haven’t used all of your data.
How do you top up an EE phone?
No credit? No worries! Now that you know what you can top up with, let’s look and how you can top up. There are many ways to top up your EE mobile phone and great news about there being multiple options out there is that it makes it easier to find the right option for you. So how can you top up?
- Top up over the phone
- Top up via text
- Top up online using My EE
Keep reading for more information on each top up method or skip through to the how to guide on the top up method that appeals to you.
1.Phone: What's the EE top up number?
Want to Top up your EE mobile over the phone? The top up phone number to call is 150 from your mobile device. Doing this is simple and easy, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Step 1: Dial 150 on your handset.
- Step 2: Choose top up and follow the instructions.
- Note: If it’s your first time topping up, you’ll be asked to set up a four-digit security pin. This will help to keep your account secure.
2.Text to top up
To top up your EE mobile via text you’ll also be use the 150 number. Keep in mind that you will need to have a registered credit card or debit card with EE to do this. If you don’t have a card registered you can do that by logging into your My EE account online. You can find more information about registering a card below.
Your top up text to EE will need to include:
- The letters CR
- The last four digits of your credit or debit card (this card must be registered with EE)
- The amount you want to top up (max £95 and min £5)
Your top up textHere is an example of what your text will look like. If you want to top up £20 and the last four digits of your card are 1122, for example, your text will look like this; CR 1122 20
3. EE top up online - My EE
Would you prefer to top up online? The great thing about accessing an online top up option with EE is that the portal is a one stop shop for managing your account in general. The EE online portal is called My EE.
To top online you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Log in to My EE.
- Step 2: Head to the menu.
- Step 3: Select ‘Top Up’
Prefer using an app? Well you’re in luck because EE now has the My EE app.
Register to My EE
First you’ll need to head to the My EE registration page. From there you add your name, email address and a password. From there you’ll be taken to a page where you can add your device by entering in your mobile number. Once that’s complete all you’ll have to do is verify your email address and you’re all good to go!
Why register for My EE
It doesn’t take you long to register for My EE and we think it’s neat and tidy to be able to do everything in one place. If you’re wondering why you should sign up are the most useful things you can do on My EE.
- You can pay bills and monitor your usage - stay on top of things!
- Top up your credit- great for pay as you go users!
- Get a better price in the EE shop - bargain!
- Manage your mobile device - efficient!
- Manage home broadband - if you’re an EE broadband customer.
- Upgrades - see what upgrades you might be eligible for.
Trouble logging in?
If you’ve forgotten your password, it’s not a problem! Beneath the space where you would ordinarily enter your password, click on the words ‘Forgotten password?’. You’ll be sent an email with a link to reset your password.
How do register a payment method?
To top up your EE mobile phone, you’ll need to register a payment method online. To add your payment details you’ll need to have your credit card or debit card handy. Follow the step-by-step guide below to register your card.
How do you change your pack?
If you choose a pack and then change your mind, don’t worry, you can always opt for a different one. If you want to change your pack you can either:
- Log in to My EE.
- Text ALL PACKS to 150.
- Call 150 from your phone to use the EE automated service.
Once you’ve changed your pack your new one will start as soon as you’ve exceeded the allowance of your current pack or once the 7 or 30 time limit on your current pack expires.
Want to start your new pack right away?Just keep in mind that this will erase any leftover calls, texts or data you have! If you’re ready to change packs you can text NOW to 150.
How do you top up abroad?
If you’re lucky enough to be abroad for work or for play you can still keep your UK mobile phone topped up. Again, all top ups come in three options.
- Phone - you can top up by calling +44 7953 966 250 and pay using a credit or debit card.
- The EE top up line - this works the same way as it does in the UK but instead you need to dial 350 from your EE mobile phone. Don’t forget that you’ll need to enter or create a top up pin!
- Online - login to My EE and select ‘Top Up’ from the menu.