Royal Leamington Spa Water: Rates, Contact, Water Quality Info - Selectra
Have you have just recently moved and you're not 100% sure how water works in Royal Leamington Spa, you will be able to find who takes care of the Royal Leamington Spa water supply as well as wastewater and sewerage services in the water information below. Furthermore, we have some helpful tips on how to deal with Royal Leamington Spa water hardness so that you can enjoy quality tap water in your home.
Royal Leamington Spa Water Supplier
Royal Leamington Spa Water is supplied by one water company, Severn Trent Water. Here are the contact details for your Royal Leamington Spa water supplier:
|Severn Trent Water Team||Phone Number||Opening Times|
|Severn Trent Water Bill Queries||03457 500 500||Mond to Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm|
|Water Supply and Sewerage Emergencies||0800 783 4444||24/7|
Royal Leamington Spa sewerage and wastewater is handled by the same company. Here are Royal Leamington Spa sewerage and wastewater contact details:
|Water Company||Phone Number||Opening Times|
|Severn Trent Water||0345 124 2424||24/7/365|
Be aware that calls to numbers starting with 03 may be charged at local rates by your phone company.
Moving to Royal Leamington Spa? Call Selectra — Set up your Bills.
Speak with the Selectra Team for free. Sort out all your bills in one call today.
Water Rates Royal Leamington Spa
The rates you pay for your water depend on whether your home has a water mete or not. You can find out whether your Royal Leamington Spa water rates are metered or not by looking at your water bill. Homes with metered Royal Leamington Spa water rates will have a meter number listed on their water bills.
If you've just moved in or you don't have a bill handy, you can look around your house or in the front garden for a meter. Sometimes the meter can be located inside your house near to the stop tap.
Homes that aren't metered will have the rateable value of the home instead of this. The rateable value part of your Royal Leamington Spa water rates will have been determined by the local council in the 90s and unlikely to have changed significantly since then.
If you want to read more about water meters check out Selectra's essential guide to water meters.
The average water rates Royal Leamington Spa residents are being charged result in an average water bill of around £369 a year. This amount combines both sewerage costs and water supply.
If you want to save some money on your water bill then this useful guide to water rates in the UK will give you some great tips & tricks to help lower your water bill.
Expensive Royal Leamington Spa Water bills? Call Selectra to Save.
Speak with the Selectra team to save on other home bills. Don't let water ruin your budget.
Royal Leamington Spa Water Hardness
Royal Leamington Spa water's hard rating means that the hard water in your home will lead to scaling in kettles, sinks, dishwashers and loos. There are ways to mitigate hard water furring or scaling in Royal Leamington Spa.
- Baths, sinks and toilets - Use an acidic sanitiser regularly (available in local shops) to clean susceptible surfaces in order to clear limescale deposits.
- Kettles - Do not overfill your kettle with water in, general. Make sure that you clean your kettle by half-filling and adding two tablespoons of white vinegar, leaving it for four hours in order to loosen scale build-up. Rinse and repeat to remove scale.
- Dishwashers - Take advantage of the built-in water softener. Make sure you regularly top off it off with dishwasher salt in the appropriate compartment.
Can you drink the water in Royal Leamington Spa?
Yes! you can drink the water in Royal Leamington Spa. It is not necessary to boil or filter Royal Leamington Spa water to make it potable. Royal Leamington Spa water meets the highest standards to make the water safe to drink. The UK Drinking Water Inspectorate has scored Royal Leamington Spa water quality a 99.96% in overall mean zonal compliance, meaning that your water is safe to drink.
If you notice a change in taste or smell of Royal Leamington Spa water this may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Chlorination which is a safe way to ensure hygiene throughout the pipe network.
- Seasonal changes can infuse Royal Leamington Spa water with an earthy smell or taste.
- Plumbing can also contribute to the taste of your household water, adding metallic, salty or rubbery hints.
If you have questions about your water's taste, smell or appearance, you should not hesitate to contact Severn Trent Water.
Royal Leamington Spa Water Problems
Royal Leamington Spa water problems can include anything from a burst water main or flooding to no water in your home. This is why you should make sure you know what to do and who to contact regarding water emergencies.
If you notice a water leak or flooding outside your Royal Leamington Spa property, you need to do one of the following:
- If you are out and about, call or tweet Severn Trent Water
- If you are near a computer, go to the "report a leak" section of Severn Trent Water and fill out the online form.
Royal Leamington Spa No Water
If you have no water in your home, you need to find out if the issue is to do with your home plumbing or a Severn Trent Water outage impacting Royal Leamington Spa.
- Check the "In Your Area" sections of the Severn Trent Water website for any information explaining why you have no water.
- Ask your neighbours whether they have the same issue as you.
- Check that your stop tap is open
If you have no water is it only no cold water or no hot water. If you have cold water but no hot water, the issue will be with your home plumbing and not the water company
If there is no cold water, not even a trickle, contact Severn Trent Water for assistance.
Royal Leamington Spa Water Discolouration
If the water in your home is discoloured, the issue might be a Severn Trent Water issue impacting Royal Leamington Spa.
- Changes to the colour of the water in Royal Leamington Spa may happen after a burst pipe has been repaired
- Or, Severn Trent Water could have been carrying out upgrade work on the pipes in Royal Leamington Spa
- Water Discolouration is not harmful and can often be cleared by running the cold water tap until it becomes clear
If there is no improvement after trying this, you can contact Severn Trent Water for assistance.