New Coop Energy login: access your new account
The new partnership between Coop Energy and Octopus Energy means the Coop Energy login process has changed for all customers. Customers now have access to Octopus’ award-winning and highly rated online account management systems, as well as the provider’s mobile app. Read on for a breakdown of the new login process and what you can do with your new account.
Coop Energy login
Since the partnership between Coop Energy and Octopus Energy began in 2019, the latter supplier has taken over Coop's account management system, which means the Cooperative Energy Coop login process has changed slightly. Luckily, the process is still super straightforward.
Let's go through the Coop Energy online login process one step at a time.
1. Finding Coop’s login page
There are a number of ways you can access the Cooperative Energy Coop login page.Google - If you’re searching for the page yourself, we recommend entering into Google Coop Energy login. Click the result that reads, ‘Your online account - Co-op Energy’. This will take you to Coop’s new section on the Octopus Energy website. In the top right-hand corner of the page, you will see a link labelled Account. Click this and you will be taken to the new Coop Energy account login page.
As Octopus Energy now supplies the account management to all Coop Energy customers, the new Coop Energy login ‘my account’ page is also the Octopus Energy login page. In other words, when you arrive at the Octopus Energy login page, you are in the right place to log in to your Coop Energy account.Social media - you can also access the Coop Energy login page through the provider’s various social media pages.
- Facebook - From Coop’s Facebook page, it’s easy to get to the login page. On the left-hand side of the page, you’ll see a panel of options. Click the about option and look for the section that says ‘Contact Details’. Just below the supplier’s contact number, you’ll find the following link https://octopus.energy/co-op/. Click this and you will be taken to the website. Once there, click the Account link in the top right-hand corner to access the Coop Energy online login page.
- Twitter - You can also find a link on the supplier’s Twitter profile. The link to the website is located under the company’s logo on the left-hand side of the page. Click this to be taken to the website, then click the Account link in the top right corner to access the login page.
- LinkedIn - It’s even easier to navigate to the homepage through the supplier’s LinkedIn page. On the left-hand side of the page, next to the ‘Follow’ button, you’ll see a button labelled ‘Visit website’. Click this to be taken to the new website. Once on the website, you can access the Coop Energy login page by clicking the Account link in the top right-hand corner.
If you wish to access the Cooperative Energy Coop login page right now, just click on the link above. Top tip: save this link in your favourites bar for easy access every time you wish to access your Coop Energy ‘my account’. Remember, the login page is also the Octopus Energy login page.
2. Accessing your Coop Account
Once you’ve reached the Coop account login page, you need to enter the relevant details to actually log in. This simply involves entering the email address and password associated with your account.
The email address should be the same one you used with your old Coop Energy online login, as it is the one you supplied when you signed up for your Coop Energy tariff. If your login details changed when the account system was swapped over, Coop Energy should have contacted you with your new details.
Potential login problems
Now that we’ve covered how to login to your Coop Energy account, let’s quickly address some of the problems you may face, and how you can solve them.
Forgot your password
The most common problem customers face is forgetting their Cooperative Energy Coop login password. Luckily, it is easy to reset.
On the Coop Energy login UK page, there is a link that reads ‘Forgotten your Password?’. Click this, enter your email address when directed and you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Forgot your email address
Forgetting your email address is quite rare, but it can happen, especially if you have a couple of different email addresses. The first thing you should try is to find an energy bill you’ve received from Coop; your account details, including your registered email address, might be listed on the bill.
If you cannot find a Coop Energy bill, or it does not list your email address, you will need to contact the provider to regain access to your online account. Ring customer service on 0808 164 1088, or head to our Coop Energy contact guide for alternative contact methods, such as the provider’s email address.
Setting up your Coop Energy Account
If you are a new Coop customer, you will need to set up your Coop Energy ‘my account’ before you can log in and access the online services. You can do this after you’ve made the switch to your new supplier.
Follow the steps below to register for an account:
- Access the Coop Energy login page (use one of the methods listed above e.g. google or social media)
- Click the link that reads ‘Set up my online account’
- You will be taken to a new page where you need to enter your email address. This must be the address you used to sign up for your new tariff.
- After entering your email, click the big pink button that reads Send email. You will promptly receive an email containing a link to create your password.
- Once you have set up your password, you will be able to login to your Coop Energy account.
At the top of this page, it reads ‘This page is for Octopus Energy customers’. Do not worry, you are still in the right place! As a Coop Energy customer, you are also an Octopus customer.
What you can do once you’re logged in
Now that you’ve completed the Coop Energy login process, what can you actually do with your Coop account? We’ve listed some of the portal’s most useful functions below.
1. Submit meter readings
One of the things you can do once you’re logged in is submit a meter reading. To do, just click the link labelled ‘Submit a meter reading’ and supply the numbers you’ve taken from your meters.
Why submit a meter reading? If you don’t, your energy supplier will bill you based on estimated meter readings instead of your actual energy usage. Estimated usage is usually higher than actual usage, which means submitting regular Coop Energy meter readings will save you money on your bills. If you’re not sure how to take a reading, be sure to check out our meter reading guide.
How much energy do you use? Use Selectra’s handy energy consumption calculator to see how much energy you should be using on average every year. This can help you see if you are using more than the average and if you could have cheaper bills by being more energy-efficient!
2. Monitor your energy spending and balance
The Coop Energy account also lets you keep track of how much energy and money you’ve spent so far during the current billing period. If you’re a customer with a prepayment meter, you can also see your current credit amount on your account.
3. Manage payments
If you opt to pay your bills by monthly direct debit, you can manage your details and payments through your Coop Energy account.
4. Refer a friend to Coop Energy
If you’re a current Coop Energy customer and have a friend, family member or acquaintance who’s interested in switching to the supplier, you can both earn a little cash for your trouble with the Coop Energy referral scheme.
To benefit from the reward, your friend will need to sign up for a Coop tariff using your unique referral code. Login to your Coop Energy account to access this code.
5. Moving home
You can also let the supplier know you are moving home through your online account. Just log in and update the supplier on your plans, ideally 17 days before you move. From here Coop Energy can either close your account or set up a new account at your new address if you wish to continue your Cooperative Energy supply.
A Coop Energy app has never existed, but as Coop customers now use all of Octopus Energy’s online account management services, they also have access to the supplier’s highly rated mobile app! This lets you submit meter readings (you can scan them in so don’t need to manually enter them), view your bills, manage payment details, and even contact customer service from your phone.
The app can be downloaded for free from the App store. Once downloaded, you will need to set up an account and login details.
Unfortunately the app is currently only available for Coop Customers with Apple devices. An Android version of the app is yet to be developed.