SSE & British Gas in Aberdeen - Contact details
Phone number and address for SSE in Aberdeen
SSE can be contacted :
- by phone, on 0345 071 7861, Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm. Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than calling 01 and 02 prefixed numbers.
- by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- at the SSE head office, located at Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth PH1 3AQ
British Gas contact in Aberdeen
British Gas operates in Scotland under the brand Scottish Gas. However, it is the same company, website and service. The nearest operations are in Glasgow, and Aberdeen customers can contact:
- The phone number for Scottish/British Gas in Scotland is 0843 837 0763
- The Glasgow office is located City Park, 368 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 3AU
- The email address for British Gas customers is email@example.com
According to a British Gas study dated Dec 2010-Feb 2011, Aberdeen is the 4th least efficient city in the UK after Truro, Worcester and Dundee.
Scottish & Southern Energy Networks (SSE Networks)
The electricity distribution network is handled by SSE Networks, as an heir to the North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board. This company is responsible for issues with the lines, such as power cuts, trees threatening the electric supply or electricity theft. A few ways to contact them exists:
- National Power Cut line - 105 (24/7). 0800 300 999 is the dedicated line for SSE Networks emergencies in Scotland.
- Non-emergency number for SSE Networks - 0800 980 1395
- The head office of SSE Networks is located far away from Aberdeeen, at Walton Park, Walton Rd, Portsmouth, PO6 1UJ
- The email contact for new connections and service alterations is firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency number and contact details for SGN in Aberdeen
SGN's contact details are the same for Aberdeen and the rest of Scotland:
- Smell gas: National Emergency Number: 0800 111 999, 24/7
- General inquiries with SGN, call 0800 912 1700, Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm
- By text, send an SMS to 07490 077 649, Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
- SGN's email address is email@example.com
- SGN postal correspondence address is SGN, Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth PH1 3AQ
If you are experiencing a power outage in your area, you should call your DNO and check below if it's a problem in your area.
Average Energy Usage in Aberdeen
Aberdeen is one of the highest consuming areas for natural gas in the UK, with 28585 kWh/yr in West End North, and 25845 kWh/yr in Cults, Bieldside and Milltimber East. Fetteresso, Netherley and Catter, in Aberdeenshire, also rank in the Scottish top 10 with 25573 kWh/yr.
This is a consequence of the gas production in the North Sea, and explains in turn a relatively low electric consumption in Aberdeen.
Consumption estimates 2010-2011 by British Gas for Aberdeen city
Electricity - 699 kWh = £118
Gas - 2814 kWh = £143
Source: Over three month period, via British Gas's UK Energy Consumption Checker.
Most Popular Provider in Aberdeen
Although the energy markets in the UK have been liberated for a long time, we can still see that history is playing its part. Aberdeen's most popular energy supplier is SSE, who is also the areas distribution network operator.
Aberdeen Energy Offices
On the outskirts of Aberdeen lies one of the main offices for SSE, the big-six utility supplier and distribution network operator for Aberdeen and the rest of Northern Scotland. If you are interested in a career working with SSE, click here to go to their careers page.
Send a letter to...
200 Ashgrove Road West
Aberdeen, just like the rest of Northern Scotland, used to be territory of the 'North of Scotland Hydro Board', which was in charge of fulfilling the electricity needs of its customers. After privatisation in 1991, however, it changed to 'Scottish Hydro-Electric plc'. It then merged with 'Southern Electric' to become 'Scottish & Southern' which laid the foundations for the company we know today: SSE.
Before 1973, Aberdeen's gas supply used to be organised by 'Scottish Gas Board'; however, after this, it became an area of the British Gas Corporation.